The Conservative Right-Wing lunacy is in full effect as they try to malign and spark fake outrage over the travel expenses of The President and his family for the 17 day trip back to his home state of Hawaii. The have made a slick video which pretends to detail the Obama’s travel expenses as costing the American Public over 4.5 million dollars, cited by a report from the Hawaii Reporter.
First off, remember the lies that were told around The President’s trip to India? ” remember the headlines,
Under further scrutiny, this was quickly debunked, by every major credible news outlet, but some Republican‘s tried to hang on to this tired ole lie.
As a matter of security, the costs of Presidential travel is never released. And I doubt very seriously that the arrangement’s for lodging were either. So this report, although interesting, can hardly be factual . It actually relies on estimates that, may be entertaining, but based merely on conjecture. So in fairness, ask yourself this question, “What were the traveling expenses for the past 4 President’s in comparison to President Obama’s?
CBS News comments….
To be fair, a presidential vacation away from the White House is not the same as a vacation for the average person. The president is still in contact with his advisers and on call for any emergency.
The fact remains, that when we elect a president, any president, we offer them the protection and facilities to accomplish and be successful at the job. It is hardly time in the 13th hour to have buyers remorse because we assume that some expenditures are extravagant, when in truth, they are not. For example, on September 11th, 2001, the terrorist attacks on the world trade center not only destroyed the 2 towers, but also brought to light the glaring communications gaps The President had with key staff and resources at a time of crisis. Step by step post 9/11, these were addressed, and new procedures and technologies developed. Security has been strengthened around the president and his family, not only for our current president, but for the previous living ones as well. Do we simply abandon what we know is right, for political reasons and sound bites? The article in the Hawaiian Reporter, while trying to bring these expenditure to light, ignores the why and how they are there in the first place. Hardly objective journalism, but that is par for the course especially during an election year. So before you fain outrage at a news article, dig deeper, ask questions, take nothing at face value. Formulate your own opinion, don’t merely adopt someone else’s for expediency.
- With More Vacation Days and Separate Travel, Cost of Obama’s Annual Hawaiian Holiday Rises (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama family jet off to Hawaii separately at a cost of $100,000 to the taxpayer (dailymail.co.uk)
- Aloha Big Spender !! (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Y/our Tax Dollars at Work: Obama’s $4 Million Hawaiian Holiday (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Obama Off To Hawaii For 17-Day Vacation: Where The Father Of Communist China Obtained His COLB Like Obama, During His Exile In The USA. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- It must be nice being President… Obama to jet off to Hawaii for SEVENTEEN DAY Christmas vacation (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama family vacation could cost America $100k (rt.com)
- Obama to Congress: We May Need to Stay in DC and Work Through the Holidays… If You Need Me I’ll Be in Hawaii (michellemalkin.com)
- OBAMA OFF TO HAWAII FOR 17-DAY VACAY… (Drudge Headline) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Special Michelle Hawaii Flight Would Cost Thousands (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- A New Low for Right-wing Fearmongering (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Obama Urges Congress To Pass Jobs Bill For Military Veterans In Weekly Address (huffingtonpost.com)