On The Colbert Report Monday, Comedy Central’s man of satire delivered a devastating monologue about the Conservative radio host‘s latest outburst, full of gems like “Rush knows what he’s talking about, because every time he’s had sex with a woman, he’s had to slip her a pill first.”
Limbaugh is in hot water after calling Fluke a “slut” and a “prostitute” for testifying in front of congress about her difficulties paying for birth control. The talk show mogul has since apologized for calling her “those two words,” but Colbert’s sarcastic defense of Limbaugh, among other things, points out the host’s other arguably offensive comments.
Though major advertisers and some affiliate stations have already severed ties with Limbaugh, most analysts say his hugely popular radio show will weather the storm. But count Colbert among those who are landing their punches this round—and putting Limbaugh on the ropes for one of the first times in his controversial career.
- Netflix Doesn’t Want to Have Anything to do with Limbaugh (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Colbert: Rush Limbaugh Apologized Because He ‘Will Do Anything With His Mouth for Cash’ (mediaite.com)
- AOL joins advertiser exodus from Rush Limbaugh (go.theregister.com)
- Colbert: ‘Rush Will Do Anything With His Mouth For Cash’ (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Stephen Colbert: Rush Limbaugh is a prostitute – msnbc.com (entertainment.msnbc.msn.com)
- Citrix drops Rush Limbaugh over ‘slutgate’ slurs (go.theregister.com)
- Heaton Back on Twitter, With Message for Sandra Fluke (newser.com)
- Sandra Fluke Rebukes Rush Limbaugh’s Apology (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Obama, Democrats Pile on Limbaugh (thedailybeast.com)
- WATCH: Colbert Calls Rush Limbaugh A ‘Poster Boy For Contraception’ (huffingtonpost.com)